Monday 8 December 2014

I, the great Persian Commander’s Helmet...

I, the great Persian Commander’s Helmet, am part of the greatest empire that ever lived. I have been in countless battles and looked an enemy straight in his scared eyes and I have never once lost a battle. 


As I was resting in the armoury, I heard a loud shouting from outside: “Get up you sleeping heads, we have a new order from the King himself!” as my commander shouted. The men burst through the armoury door and as the commander picked me up, I said to myself, "I am ready for battle."


Everyone and even myself was wondering where we were going. I could hear voices in the march saying: “We are heading for Greece, I think we are battling the Greeks” that is all I could hear and, as everyone Persian knows, it was a dark day for us when we lost the fight there many years ago but as they now have me, we can't lose. 


As we were walking through a tough terrain and the men were getting tired, I was getting more worried about this battle and whether we were going to Greece or not. As you know, Persia is the greatest Empire in the world, but on the way I saw our soldiers attacking innocent people. Of course I have no worries about Persia though. 


We made camp about 15 miles from Corrina (a nearby outpost) and as I was sleeping in the armoury I heard a massive bang coming from outside. As I peeked through the window to see outside, all I could see was death from the rebels who were out here. They quickly burst into the armoury and stole me along with all of our weapons and as they were running away I looked back and said goodbye to Persia.


Now I can't see anything, I think I am in a bag but all I can hear outside is shouting. They are not speaking in Persian, where am I? As I hear a door open, they drop me in a big empty room which is just full of stolen stuff.


A couple of days later, they have let me out of the room and put me on some guy's head and we have started marching. On the way I see what Persia has done to the world.

I come across many broken lands and ruined lives thanks to Persia and what I have done to help them with this. I see now what I must do to restore the peace, I must fight against my Creator.


To be continued…..



Description: L:\DEPARTMENTS\English\Material\Year 9\Faraway times, Faraway Places\Finished stories for blog\Needs picture\Patrick Wilson helmet photo.jpg





by Pat Wilson





 

No comments:

Post a Comment